Monday, June 9, 2014

Special Delivery!


Last week I purchased some of the limited edition Arizona fabric line, designed by April Rhodes from Hawthorne Threads.  My real-life friend Megan and I have been drooling over the collection since it was first announced.  


I spent probably a solid 50 minutes on the website going back and forth over what to buy and how much of it.  I finally decided that I really wanted a taste of each so I ended up purchasing a yard of the 8 prints and a half-yard of the 5 supporting solids.

I also really wanted to try making some more clothes so I also picked up 4 yards of the Triangle Tokens Voile in Agave since I'm not sure what I'm making yet.  I'm leaning towards the Date Night Dress, also designed by April Rhodes.  I picked up the pattern awhile back and haven't tried it yet.


The colors in this collection are just wonderful!  I love the combination of strong navy with offbeat mustard, soft aqua, and girly peach.  And the geometric designs are so fun.  These are so soft too.  Not like regular quilting cottons.  I could easily see them working for clothing as well.  I can't wait to get to work with these beauties.  I"m leaning towards something inspired by Maureen Cracknell's Arizona quilt.  What do you think? What would you make with these?

Be on the look out on Wednesday for day two of the 2014 New Quilt Blogger Blog Hop.  I'll be posting along with 24 other talented, new quilt bloggers.



I'm linking up with Stitch by Stich for anything goes mondays.



2 comments:

  1. I love this collection and have been trying to figure out what to get, and I know I need to get in gear before it's all gone! I did purchase some of the voile for another Wiksten tank, it's so silky and I love the gold accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, I love your new blog header. (it is new, isn't it?) It's really clean, fresh and colourful. Guess you're all ready for your turn in the blog hop then?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!