Saturday, December 20, 2014

Peach, Rose, and Plum Bee Blocks - A Finished Baby Quilt

Hello!  I'm still alive.  Just busy with work at the moment so I haven't had much time for sewing.  I did finish something though.  The best part?  It's one of the projects I shared with you back in my 100th post.


Remember these blocks?  They were supposed to be for our wedding but we changed the color scheme and never used them.  I had intended to piece the baby's name and include that in the top but I said "forget it!" and sewed it up using what I had.



This approach was really perfect for baby and her parents.  They are great about making due with what they have and living simply.  Everything for baby is hand-me-downs.  So I tried to embrace that spirit and finish this up for baby.


I found some coral and purple yardage in my stash that I thought coordinated nicely and went to work piecing up the top.  I decided to keep it simple and just set the blocks slightly off center.


The backing is more yardage I picked up for the wedding originally but never used.  Lucky for me it was an extra-wide yardage so I didn't have to piece the back.  **Win!**  I quilted the background simply in long loopy lines that should keep it nice and soft for baby and stitched in the ditch around the star blocks.


On a whim I decided to round the corners of the quilt.  I'm glad I did.  I love the soft look it gives the whole thing.  I bound it using more fabric from my stash that doesn't exactly match but... hey, baby won't care and neither do I.  I'll be gifting it to baby and Mom and Dad in the next few days.  I hope they love it!


I'm happy to also check this off and one of my 30+ WIPs and UFOs as well!  Making progress one quilt at a time.

Linking up with Show Off Saturday.



12 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful finish! I love the story and thought behind the gift for your friends, and I hope they get a lot of use and love out of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love the simplicity of it, and the colours are so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you did this with just four blocks. Simple is good. The rounded corners work really well here- I'll have to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun layout. I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this quilt so much! The simple setting really shows off the blocks, and I love that there are only four of them. Those rounded corners give it such a pretty finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, this is beautiful! Love the way you laid out the top design - you'd never know it was unintended when you started the blocks : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love - L.O.V.E. - this quilt! I love how the layout gives the blocks a fresh modern feel, and the rounded corners are genius! Was it difficult to bind with the rounded edge?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that purple and coral combo - great fabrics for this. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good! I love those rounded corners! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you finished them! Such a great little baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The two colours you chose really do make the blocks pop. They were great choices, and I love the rounded corners. They give it a nice finish.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!