Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Mosaic Tuesday - Clashy Brights {Quiltspiration 365}

Thanks to some of the lovely ladies over at Late Night Quilters I'm happy to introduce a new series of weekly posts I'm calling Mosaic Tuesdays (for lack of a better name at this point).  It's part of an effort we're calling quiltspiration365‬, intended to fulfill your every need when it comes to quilty inspiration 365 days a year.  You can find more posts about the series on Facebook and instagram using  #quiltspiration365 as well as links to the other posts this week below.  I'll be sharing color mosaics that inspire me, and hopefully you as well.  Feel free to use these to inspire your projects I just ask that you link back to the original color pallet post to give credit.  So without further adu...


I just love clashy brights.  This palette is partially inspired by the warm colors I used for my Windows for Wishes mini quilt and partially by the fact that I happened to see them all together when I picked up my hair ties the other morning.  (Inspiration is in all sorts of odd places).



Tangerine, Magenta, Lilac, Rose, Coral, and Peach come together in this gloriously mismatched color scheme, but somehow, it still works.  What do you think?  Would you make a quilt out of these colors?  The remind me a lot of Kaffe Fasset fabrics.  I think his trademark is the use of over saturated bright colors.

Left to Right, Top to Bottom: 1. Korean Textiles, 2. Pink and Orange, 3. Swatches, 4. Ombre modern baby quilt, 5. Cross Crib Quilt - Eggplant, 6Purple by any other name, 7. Totem, 8. Bees, Swaps, Round Robins, 9. baby zebra visits the cheshire cat in wonderland, 10. curves quilt top , 11. Neon Pink Merino Wool, 12. orange ombre, 13. Doe - Lined Dots in Carrot, 14. A Purplelicious Top, 15. Charming Triangles, 16. Fabricworm Custom Bundle


Be sure to search for #quiltspiration365 for even more inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!