Saturday, November 1, 2014

Round #1 Recap {Round Trip Quilts}

Round one of Round Trip Quilts is officially complete.  I thought it would be fun to do a summary post of all of the additions made this round to show you how things are progressing.

Liz at Green Cheese Quilting


Liz had Heather's "Letter's to my Daughter" quilt first.  She played off of the sail boat adding waves, and added some adorable wonky stars with a touch of fussy cut.  You can read her full post here.



Jennifer at Never Just Jennifer


I had Liz's feathered star center first.  After bouncing through several ideas, I added color coordinated peach HST's to frame and accent her center block.  The full post can be seen here.



Leanne at Devoted Quilter


Leanne started with my New Hampshire themed quilt.  Being the lone Canadian in the group she pieced these maple leaf blocks, even throwing in one red and white block for Canada.  Her post and additional pictures is here.



Mary at See Mary Quilt


Mary worked on Leanne's star-themed quilt first.  She added these little wonky stars with Victoria Findlay Wolfe-esque centers to bring in lots of colors.  How fun!  Her full post can be found here.



Chelsea Huckins at Patch the Giraffe


Chelsea started with Mary's gradient rainbow star.  She drafted and pieced some color coordinated arrows to add to the block and tied out the cornerstone blocks into her border as well.   Her full post is here.



Christina at WIPs and Tuts


Christina got Chelsea's solid and low-volume center stars first.  She worked through a few different design options and eventually added some stars and plus blocks.  Her full post is here.



Kim at Ties That Bind Quilting


Kim started with Christina's fall themed block first.  She added these adorable little apple blocks and apple cores to the start that Christina started with.  Her blog post and more pictures can be found here.



Heather at QA Creations


Heather worked Kim's modern bright quilt first and made this fun piece to add to the mix using a pattern from “Fresh Quilting” by Malka Dubrawsky.  You can find her blog post about it here



Round one of this round robin style bee has been so much fun and so much more challenging than I could have even imagined.  Working on someone else's quilt is the hardest thing I've ever done and has really pushed me to stretch my imagination and skills to add something really special.  Our next mailing deadline is November 24th.  Be on the lookout for posts about round two then!  Thanks for visiting.  You can find a complete summary of all of our posts on my Round Trip Quilts page in the toolbar at the top of the page!

Round Trip Quilts is on Flickr and you can follow us on Instagram using #roundtripquilts!  


The full list of members is below:

Heather at QA Creations

Leanne at Devoted Quilter

Kim at Ties That Bind Quilting

Liz at Green Cheese Quilting

Mary at See Mary Quilt

Christina at WIPs and Tuts

Jennifer at Never Just Jennifer

Chelsea Huckins at Patch the Giraffe

7 comments:

  1. Round robin envy persists. That being said, I love the summary and hope you keep it up with future rounds. I look forward to seeing how things progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look so great! I can't wait to see how these grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a wrap up :) It's great to see them all in once place and to update my page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all looking awesome! I can't wait for the next additions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the recap! It's like I get to enjoy everyone's work all over again 😃. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome synopsis! Love seeing them all in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course Leanne added maple leaves! Those cheeky Canadians! I am married to one, and I have long suspected that if I sat still in Canada for more than half an hour, I would end up with a maple leaf tattooed on my derriere!
    As others have said, it is lovely to see them all in one place.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!