Wednesday, January 15, 2014

First Finish of 2014

Well, well.  I've got something finished!  This is a quilt I made using Block Of the Month blocks from my local quilt guild meeting which I supplemented with a few more made after the fact.  I think I won them last Fall (2012), so they sat for quite awhile.  Whoops...

I started this quilt on December 21st and had it quilted and finished for my Dad by December 23rd.  Unfortunately I then neglected to bind it.  So after gifting it to him unbound, I took it back home with me where it sat until last night.  I used Rachel's (Stitched in Color) method for a relatively-quick  zig-zag method for machine binding.  I say relatively because it was the first time I tried this and it took a little longer than I would have liked.  However I liked the method and think that with time and practice it will be a useful tool to have in my arsenal.

The quilt is made from scrappy blue fabrics with various white centers.  I'm not sure what the block pattern is called.  Now that I'm done with this it's on to finish another WIP: a wedding quilt for a family member and his new wife.  Quilt top is done, I got the borders attached late last night.  Just need to piece the backing and get it quilted!  Off I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!