Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Cotton + Steel Strip Swap

I'm hosting a swap!  

I saw on Instagram awhile back that someone had made scrappy trip quilt entirely out of Cotton + Steel fabrics, though I can't find the picture now, and fell in love.  I really wanted to make my own version!  I love how the C+S fabrics all blend together but couldn't see myself making anything using all those prints until I saw that quilt.  My wallet didn't like the idea of how much fabric I'd have to buy to make this vision come true so I decided to host a swap to get some more variety in my Cotton + Steel stash!  All of the details are below if you want to join in on the fun!





RULES & DETAILS:

  • This swap will consist entirely of Cotton + Steel fabrics
  • You will send a specified number of Cotton + Steel fabrics, ranging in size from Fat Quarter (no 1/4 yards please) to half-yard
  • These will be cut into 2.5" by 16" strips
  • You will receive a variety of Cotton + Steel 2.5" strips back equal to the number of strips which were cut from the fabric you sent in
  • Fabric and $5 for shipping should be mailed by August 12th.  Fabric will be postmarked back to you by August 31st
  • Once your entry is received I will email you my mailing address for shipping.
  • Please post and image of the fabrics you intend to send with the hashtag #cottonandsteelstripswap so that others can see which fabrics you chose and we can try and avoid duplicates














Sign up here or use the form below!





4 comments:

  1. Great idea to gather fabric for a scrappy trip - I didn't see that one on IG but I can imagine how great it looked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost like I was just complaining last week how I always miss the boat on swaps...since I didn't miss this boat I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what you mean about taking a picture of what I have ... Can I sign up if I want to use up the fabric quarters I have even if a strip off the bottom is gone? Maybe if two equal a fat quarter or more??
    Please email me back. Rebascomfyquilts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed out on this one but found your blog and instagram feed so that's a big plus!!! If you choose to do this swap again, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!